Monday, October 12, 2009

Augmented Reality with Adobe Flash

Having carefully followed the Adobe MAX conference, I have found a ground shaking presentation on the Augmented Reality with Flash.

As the presenters define it, AR is superimposing "graphics over real-world environments in realtime". So I checked out the exciting (and long) tutorial on how to set up the development environment to hit the road. For running a quick demo from the tutorial I printed a black and white pattern (it makes sense to make it smaller, than I made, as it is much easier to handle). Before diving into details I decided to have a clue on how it is going to look like and made a small video which I share with you (please be patient about video quality and mute your player).



It is early to draw any conclusions on the future of AR, but it sounds like a very exciting field of software development in the future. It is where creative people get together and come up with an exciting business card and all sorts of interesting things.

No comments: